FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW LONG IS THE RENTAL PERIOD AND IS IT FLEXIBLE?
Stork and birth announcement sign rentals are for one week. All yard cards and other rental signs are for 24 hours. If desired, you can extend your stork rental for three additional days for $25. Yard card rentals and large celebration signs can be extended for $25 per additional day.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I PLACE MY ORDER?
Our themed packages and specialty signs are limited and rented on a first come, first serve basis. Please order early to ensure availability.
CAN I RESERVE A STORK SIGN BEFORE THE BABY IS BORN?
Yes. Simply place your order and include the baby’s expected due date in the appropriate space on the online order form. This will reserve your sign. Just notify us when the baby arrives and we will schedule a delivery time. If you prefer to wait until after the baby is born, that is fine too! Once mom and baby are settled, you can either order on-line, or simply give us a quick call to make your payment and request the delivery of your sign. It’s quick and easy! Stork signs are subject to availability.
WHERE DO YOU DELIVER?
Yard Announcements proudly serves the following cities in WA state: Bothell, Woodinville, Kenmore, Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Issaquah, Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Everett, Snohomish, Mount Lake Terrace, Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Renton, Mukilteo, Duvall, Sammamish, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Monroe and North Seattle, Washington. Please contact us if your city isn’t listed as we may be able to accommodate you. At this time, we do not travel outside of Snohomish County and King County.
IS THERE A DELIVERY CHARGE?
We provide FREE delivery within a 15 mile radius of our office in Bothell, Washington. There is no delivery fee for the following cities: Bothell, Woodinville, Kenmore, Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Everett, Snohomish, Mount Lake Terrace, Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Renton and Mukilteo. Delivery to the following cities will incur a $20 delivery fee: Issaquah, Sammamish, North Seattle, Duvall, Marysville and Monroe. Please contact us if your city is not listed as we may be able to accomodate you with a minimal delivery charge. At this time, we do not travel outside of Snohomish and King County.
WHAT TIME AND DAYS DO YOU DELIVER?
We deliver and decorate 7 days a week except on major holidays. Please let us know if there is a specific window of time in which you would like the delivery to take place, and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We do have pre-set delivery windows, but will work closely with you to make it work for your event. Our goal is to arrive when the recipient is away from home or sleeping so there will be an awesome element of surprise when they first see it. We recommend having the display delivered while the recipient is away for school, an appointment or work since returning home to see it can often be more fun than seeing it first thing in the morning when they have to rush off. This also allows time for photos, etc immediately following the surprise. For stork birth announcement signs, we aim to complete the delivery within 24 hours of notification of the baby’s arrival.
IF THE SIGN IS A GIFT, HOW WILL THE RECIPIENT KNOW WHO SENT IT?
When a stork or yard decoration display is rented as a gift, a hang tag card will be left on the front door for the recipient that lets them know who sent it and how the rental works.
WHERE WILL YOU PLACE THE SIGNs IN THE YARD?
We use our best judgment regarding sign placement to ensure optimal visibility and a pleasing backdrop for photographs. If there is a specific spot you would like for the signs to be placed, please notify us when you place your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We cannot guarantee exact placement if you are not at home when we deliver the signs, and/or if you have not marked the location in the yard with a clearly visible marker.
WILL THE SIGNS DAMAGE MY YARD?
The signs will not damage your yard. If anything, they may give you some free aeration! The yard card signs are displayed on very small wire stakes which barely make a mark in your yard. For our larger 4 to 7 foot celebration signs, they may leave a small tear (approximately 1.5″) in the grass that will bounce back very quickly. We work diligently to make sure your lawn will not be damaged.
Our customers are very important to us and we want you to be completely satisfied with our service, however, we do have a few rules in place to keep things running smoothly:
- We respectfully reserve the right to decline a delivery area that we feel may be unsafe for our signs or our delivery people. This is rare, and we will contact you if this situation arises.
- Please do not remove or relocate any of our signs. If you need your display taken down early, please give us a call and we will gladly come and get them.
- Missing or damaged lawn display items will be charged to the credit card on file for the appropriate amount.
- We may place a small sign in the yard with our company name, phone number and web address. This sign is unobtrusive and lets the neighbors know how to find us to order a display, so please do not move or hide it.
- Please do not let children play on or around the display, or pull up any of the signs. Some of them may look like toys, but they are not. Yard Announcements and it’s representatives will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused to any person while they are rented and in your recipient’s yard.
- We will not, under any circumstances, put up a “mean” display. We won’t allow cruel jokes of any sort. Our business is to make people happy. That being said, please do not “re-arrange” the letters on our signs. The verbiage on all signs has to be agreed upon by us prior to the processing of your order.
- If the recipient calls us and wants to know who ordered the display, we will tell them unless you give us specific instructions not to. We will also take down the display immediately if they request us to do so.
- Please arrange to mow and trim your grass BEFORE our set up. Mowers and weed eaters can ruin the signs. If you have a long term rental, please use extreme caution when cutting around the sign(s). We really appreciate you taking good care of our signs so others can soon enjoy them too!
- Please do not attach balloons to the signs as they can pop and melt on the signs causing damage, especially on warm summer days.
We understand that sometimes things happen beyond your control. Plans change. Simple. We will gladly reschedule the delivery or reimburse you 100% if you need to cancel, but you must give us at least 48 hours notice. A lot of time and planning goes into your display in the day or two leading up to your rental.
In the event of inclement weather, we will not be able to set up any lawn displays. If this occurs, we will promptly refund the full rental price. Inclement weather includes lightning, thunderstorms, heavy snow, ice (severe frozen yard), high wind and any other Act of God that would put us or our lawn display in danger. Please know that it must be severe weather for us to miss a delivery. Rain will never be the cause of a cancellation, and the wind must be severe enough to impact the stability of the signs.
The items we cannot refund you for include:
- If an incorrect delivery address is provided. We will send you a confirmation of your order via email so please DOUBLE CHECK the address, delivery date and time to make absolute sure there won’t be any problems. We will make every effort to contact you if a problem arises as your satisfaction is very important to us.
- If your loved one wants the display removed promptly.
- If we are not allowed access to a gated community. Please let the community guard know the date we will be arriving, or provide us with the gate access code if required.
Every attempt will be made to make you a completely satisfied customer. We want you to be a repeat customer and to tell all of your friends about us!
By placing an order/booking with Yard Announcements, you agree to all policies stated above.
Yard Announcements respects your privacy. We do not sell our clients’ personal information to third parties. We may occasionally contact you to share information about our products and special discounts, but you can always opt out if you prefer.